Purple Hippo Hot Sauce
One of the most unique hot sauces we have tried. Hints of strawberries, masses of habanero and scorpion peppers, and then throw in some Prickly Pear juice (a cactus) and you have a super interesting flavour sensation.
Some say watermelon.
Some say bubblegum.
We say delicious!
Origin: Vermont, USA
Ingredients: Prickly Pear Cactus Juice, Agave Nectar, Habanero Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Apple Cider Vinegar, Strawberries, Pure cane Sugar, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt, Scorpion Pepper Powder.
Our Purple Hippo has one of the most unique flavors there is. Prickly Pear fruit has a watermelon/bubblegum flavor that pairs very well with spicy peppers. We combined the Prickly Pear with Habanero and Scorpion peppers and rounded it off with strawberries to create a one of a kind sauce. Try Purple Hippo on poultry, pork, ice cream or in a frozen Daiquiri.
- 2016 NYC Hot Sauce Expo, Screaming Mi Mi Awards, 2nd Place Fruit Based "Hot" Hot Sauce Category
- 2016 The Hot Pepper Awards, 2nd Place, Extreme Category
- 2015 World Hot Sauce Awards, 1st Place, Fruit Based Hot Sauce Category
- 2015 Chicago Hot Sauce Festival, 2nd Place, Most Unique Hot Sauce Category
- 2015 Chile Pepper Magazine, 2nd Place, Fruit Based (Hot/X-Hot) Hot Sauce Category
- 2015 Scovie Awards, 2nd Place, Unique Hot Sauce Category
HEAT LEVEL: HOT 8/10